Today Flooring options are endless, Why should you consider going with a Vinyl Plank flooring?
What is Luxury Vinyl flooring?
Can you nail down vinyl flooring?
The short answer is no, we would not recommend nail down installation for vinyl plank. While it is nail down for vinyl flooring is possible it would instantly void most flooring companies warranties. We highly recommend using the glue or the simple click on installation method. Due to vinyl floors being a floating floor it allows for a very easy installation that can installed on top of your current floors!
Choosing the right vinyl plank
Choosing the right flooring has never been easier because at US Hardwood & Carpet in Santa Clara, we provide an special expertise in the flooring industry. The thickness of vinyl plank is mostly for the height and making sure floors matchup without too much transition. The wear layer is going to withstand scrapes, scruffs, dents, and stains.
12 mil (Better): Residential – light commercial.
20 mil+ (Best): Commercially rated. High traffic environments.
WPC vs SPC flooring
Laminate vs Vinyl Plank
Laminate flooring: is cheaper, a floating floor which makes easier installs free of tape & glue, not as good choice for high moisture areas as vinyl plank is, water-resistant (not a waterproof floor), scratch-resistant, less value on resale/ increasing value of property, more stylish appearance, but less lifespan and durability on floors
Vinyl Plank: 100% waterproof, scratch resistant, quality versions can add value to properties because of their durability, vinyl flooring is also known for being more quiet and many not be as easy for DIY flooring installations.
Pros & Cons of Vinyl Plank Flooring
|Pros of LVP Resilient Flooring||
Cons of LVP Resilient Flooring
- Easy floor cleaning and low to no maintenance
- Can give replicate real stone or tile look without breaking the bank
- Anti-fungal and anti-bacterial
- Warmer on feet compared to stone and tile flooring
-Great affordable inexpensive pricing on flooring
- Easy to install or DIY flooring
- Flooring that is quiet under the feet
- Great real wood and real tile feeling flooring
- Resilient flooring can be difficult to repair
- Does not add as much resale value as hardwood or other materials
- Some brands may contain VOC toxins (None at US Hardwood & Carpet in Santa Clara)
- Not as eco-friendly or biodegradable
- Shorter lifespan than wood
- Depending on the adhesive and installation LVP can be difficult to remove
- Lower quality brands may not look as realistic
For the best flooring store in the Sunnyvale/ Santa Clara location come stop by US Hardwood & Carpet where we are apart of the helping people business.